What is STEM?
STEM is an abbreviation for Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics. A policy initiative in education to focus on above areas of curriculum through an integrated;
- Interactive hands-on.
- Real-world experiential learning.
How is STEM different?
- Inter-disciplinary learning;
- Integration of subjects as against teaching them separately.
- Project and Problem-based learning;
- Reinforcement of theoretical Math and Science concepts by applying them to creative solutions .
- Real-world scenarios for problem solving.
- Collaborative learning .
- Work in teams instead of working individually.
- Cross fertilization of ideas.
Why STEM? (Benefits):
- Nurture 21st century skills and competencies such as creativity, collaboration, critical thinking/problem solving, and communications.
- Increased interest in Science and Math.
- Opportunity to visualize and practice ideas and concepts covered in the classrooms.
- Core curriculum concepts covered in STEM sessions.
- Experience 21st century learning environment.
Stem Sessions at st. Francis'
DS@S has been conducting STEM sessions in St. Francis’ High School with students for the past three years having a very encouraging and overwhelming response from parents and kids.
About Durrani STEM’s @ Service:
Durrani STEM’s @ Service – DS@S, a Division of Qadir Enterprises is a team of dedicated, passionate and experienced educationists and engineers on a mission to bring the 21st century learning environment to our children. DS@S has been providing STEM education services to educational institutions in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa since 2016 and is a pioneer in this field in KP.
STEM Teacher's Training
DS@S has successfully trained teachers of grade 4,5,6,7 & 8. In the STEM training teachers were equipped with STEM related skills and were given hands on training to conduct the STEM sessions.